Search the forum,

Discuss Bosch 36V Sds replacement ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev the gas

I have a Bosch 36v Professional which is approx 3 years old. The full fat version not the compact.
Hardly used due to its weight with the 2.6 ah batteries. ( I have 3 batteries)

Any suggestions for its replacement ? My right arm is fecked due to 29 years fitting/selling boilers.

Max hole size drilling in masonry 10mm, wood 30mm.

Replacement must be light and interchangeable with other powertools, I currently have a mixture of Bosch 10.8v, and Makita 18v which is a pain with loads of chargers :angry_smile:

I use Bosch Multi construction drill bits in my Makita drill but it does struggle in hard bricks ect.

Is there a lightweight powerful drill out there non SDS ??

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it lithium batteries as new ones are very light.
Failing that i have an 18v worx pro sds hammer for the lighter jobs.
I also have a 36v lion Hitachi hammer - great for putting 22mm holes in things !

bosch 18v sds

The batteries are not Lithium, just checked again and are 2.6v.

The drill is fantastic, just as powerful as the 240v drill I have. The only down side is its weight.

Yeh old nimh batts are heavy. Screwfix stock the Lion ones. Pop and d ask for a looksy at one - then order online for less lol

For general work and hanging boilers etc my 18v all day long.
For putting in waste or condensate through brick walls my big boy comes out to play!

I am trying to find a combi drill to use most of the time, only getting the corded sds at the last resort.

I've been looking at the Dewalt 18v, my current cheap 18v old battery dewalt Combi drill will do 7mm in most walls fairly easy so the 18v sds should have no problem for hanging boilers rads and anything else

Yeh it will and the 4ah batts are good.
Its remarkable how much punch an 18v sds has. My worx isnt brushless (think the dewalt maybe) but has a lot of power

You said a cordless drill that does 10mm in masonry and 30mm in wood, - maybe non sds?
I don't think there is a perfect drill for this. Combi drills are good at most jobs but limited for masonry drilling. Hilti SFH 22A is a non sds 3 speed combi drill that easily drills those. I have it but it weighs a fair bit.
If a combi, as I suspect doesn't give you the power for some really hard masonry drilling, I reckon you need to go with an sds cordless drill 18 volt or more with interchangeable chuck so you can snap on a standard chuck for ordinary drill bits and hole cutters etc.
Or use two drills.

Last edited:
Combi drill will struggle like hell and blunt the dril bits imho with holes anywhere near that size as they are all percussion that i e tried over the years

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R0fkHUxjVYA[/video]

Better off with a smaller SDS than a non-sds. If you insist on a standard twist drill then I would suggest the Hilti SFC22A

I've just bought a18 volt fuel sds. So far very impressed. Very light and very powerful.

Kev are you sure the batteries are not lithium, if I remember rightly the old bosch sds's with nicads were 24v and had the square batteries. the 36v's that came in 2 different sizes were always li-ion batts, firstly they were 2.6ah, then they bought out the 4ah...the larger "full fat one (gbh36vfli)" was a great drill, I still use mine most days, the position of the handle to the motor made it quite unbalanced for one handed use though, I assume this is why they have now followed trend and gone with a drop down motor design.

the new Milwaukee fuel sds's look great on paper, not sure how much I trust the amount of abuse these new brushless tools will take will all there chintzy electronics inside them compared to a good old brushed motor though, time will tell. Plus there now made in PRC, the older bosch's were made in Germany.

There's a firm I take my classic car to, they have loads of the brushless motor ones. Had them a few years, and recon there bullet proof.

That's the one, I've only charged the batteries about three times so far! But to be fair, I've only had it a few months. But if it carries on the way it is, I'll be chuffed.

I popped into my local tool shop last weeek and picked up 1 of these to try.

Milwaukee M12H-402C M12 Compact SDS 2 Mode Hammer

It is to be used for hanging boilers, rads ect using upto 10mm sds. It is very light and powerful.
I also got a 18v combi drill pukka accessory kit.
I have 2 people who want to buy the 36v, happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch 36V Sds replacement ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock