Bookkeeping

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum' started by Blackstock, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Bookkeeping in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Blackstock

Blackstock New Member

Hi,

I'm wondering how other Plumbers are doing their bookkeeping.
    A mate is telling me to look at online bookkeeping software as it will save me a % of my accountancy and bookkeeping costs.

Who uses software or excel pays for a bookkeeper to do it?

Appreciate the help. Thank you

Darren

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Welcome to the forums Darren, put bookkeeping, invoicing in the little search box (top right hand corner) and have a look through past posts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blackstock

Blackstock New Member

Thank you RPM, didn't see the search function :smile5:

4. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

No worries, you should find some info and no doubt others might chip in later when they`ve finished for the day.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  5. Atouchofgas

Atouchofgas Plumber GSR

I would speak with your accountant and see if they're using anything like for example Xero as if your both using the same it's easier as they can access your details

• Like Like x 1
  6. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I do my sales , expences sheets , petty cash etc etc religiously every week.
    The accountant has them at the end of the year , pulls them all together , checks everything and sorts out the taxman .
    You will need the accountant but the weekly sheets are easy, or just buy a simple accounts book .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Masood

Masood Guest

I use Excel - I made a very simple spreadsheet that I input all income into one column, outgoings into another, with totals shown at the bottom.

Once every couple of weeks I'll make sure all my receipts are in date order, none missing, and double check that all of them have been recorded on the spreadsheet.

Then the accountant just works off that.

• Like Like x 1