Search the forum,

Discuss Boilermate A class OV leak from casing seal advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Re - Boiler Mate A class OV

We have a leak coming up from the unit casing seal around the open vent . The top of the unit is pop riveted . I intend drilling out the rivets and taking off the top of the casing . Is there an exploded view of what I will find and any joints under the casing (silver soldered , soft soldered or compression) Any help or explanations will be gratefully received .

Hoping to carry out this repair on Monday 4th Jan. I’ve got photo/video if you think would be helpful thanks very much

Attachments

• 68CEE4E0-34A9-4877-8653-DB707E839792.jpeg
    68CEE4E0-34A9-4877-8653-DB707E839792.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7120.MOV
    6.9 MB
Ive worked on a few of these and similar (Ov 2000 and gulfstream) but never seen that before, I’ve taken a few out too but never had the time or the inclination to cut the top off and peek inside.
ive had a couple split due to the ballcock failing resulting in them running dry and overheating but that was at the bottom.
maybe that’s what happened here? Is the fe tank full?
interested to see what you find 👍🏻 Best of luck
Where are you in the world?

Ive worked on a few of these and similar (Ov 2000 and gulfstream) but never seen that before, I’ve taken a few out too but never had the time or the inclination to cut the top off and peek inside.
ive had a couple split due to the ballcock failing resulting in them running dry and overheating but that was at the bottom.
maybe that’s what happened here? Is the fe tank full?
interested to see what you find 👍🏻 Best of luck
Where are you in the world?

Reply to Boilermate A class OV leak from casing seal advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock