Discuss Boilermate 2000 intermittent heating and hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren bastin

Gas Engineer
Anybody familiar with these ? Its a thermal store, cust firstly said problems with hot water, now saying probs on both hw and htg. Think it has three pumps, plate ht ex. The heating only comes on once the store gets to temp. After checking primary ht source (pott suprima) and boiler pump, any suggestions on what to check next?

Had a few bizarre problems with the pcb's on these, causing pumps to run all the time or never or all 3 at once. Worth checking that the boiler t/stat is turned right up, there is a display on the pcb indicating what 'mode' its operating which can help isolating if its a sensor thats playing up.

I'd hone down what the custard's issues are Darren TBH ... from there you can move forward ... could be an issue with heat source "Suprima" and nothing to do with the thermal store :)

You really need to see the unit, to asses, as diamond says it could be the boiler not putting sufficient heat into the system, or any number of things. Best bet is to check boiler stat it turned right up, then go and have a look at the unit and see what its doing, multimeter in hand, and also the instructions [DLMURL]http://www.gledhill-response.net/documents/BM2000-Iss10.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you know the result. No prob with boiler or htg. Hw pump did not behave correctly , water hot and cold, interogated pcb and found the issue to be the dhw sensor. Replaced and hw splendid.

Make sure the header tank is full, I went to a Gledhill Pulsar heat store last week, no hot water, the header tank was manual fill, no float valve, just topped the tank up and away it went.

Make sure the header tank is full, I went to a Gledhill Pulsar heat store last week, no hot water, the header tank was manual fill, no float valve, just topped the tank up and away it went.

The amount of time's the cold feed block, bloody nightmare !!

Ring up Boilermate, one of the best technical helpline's I've rung put it that way

Very helpfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boilermate 2000 intermittent heating and hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Just looking for some advice if anyone has worked on a boilermate 2000 try to condense the story, Lived in our home 3 years with the...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, we have an HIU unit, which we only get hot water from the taps when we turn on the heating unit. A number of engineer have come in to check...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock