Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler Tripping out and running when power disconnected. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mazza

Hi,

I have a problem with my Glowworm Ultimate 50FF. Went away on holiday and when i returned the boiler would fire up then the overheat stat would trip out. Reset the boiler and the same happens again.

I've had a look at the pump and this is not running when the boiler fires up, i have however disconnected the pump wired it into a 3 pin plug and tested it and the pump runs. ( there was no 240v at the pump when the boiler was running )

Looking in the boiler manufactures instructions it talks about neon lights on the pcb board to aid diagnostics. Once the boiler trips the 1st neon is on. i've followed the flow chart on the manufactures instructions and there's is 240v on the yellow connection and the overheat stat. At least while the boiler is running, also there's 240v on the 9 connection on the pcb and the thermostat.

I saw there was 240v also at the Pump live and pump N.

At this point i stumbled across the fact that the boiler runs on HW when the power is off. boiler is powered via 3 pin plug, this can be switched off and removed from socket, turn the programmer onto HW and the boiler fires. It doesn't do this on CH.

At this point i've hit a wall, I think the fault is either the PCB - not sending power upto the pump via the wiring center or
its the overheat stat or
its the boiler thermostat or
its the acuator on the 3 port.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Mazz

Looking into the wiring center i'm seeing 240v coming off the orange wire from the 3 port valve. yet there is not 240v on the pump connections in the wiring center.

think your main problem is when you say 'the boiler is now unpluged from its power supply and it fires up'???????

I ​can safely say I have never had a boiler run with no power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Tripping out and running when power disconnected. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
J
On a breakdown which is stumping me. The boiler has no power to it even though everything else in the system is working as it should. The 3 way...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi hoping someone can help with this as its beginning to drive me nuts. Boiler generally well serviced and working fine, no problems with DHW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock