Discuss Boiler Servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OFTEC

Does anyone have any idea of roughly how much money could potentially be made from boiler servicing and maintenance in a year but not doing any other sort of work if a person has done Oftec courses?

Opinions appreciated.

Cheers

also depends on where your gonna get the work from and if you are any good , you wont last long if you cant faultfind and repair!!!

i was thinking of completing my oftec courses 101, 105a and 600a in the near future, i would say there would be good money to be made, as said, if your good, do it right and give all the proper documents etc.

being oftec registered is also a must there are to many boiler service tradesmen out there working on oil but not registered so they cant even fill in commissioning booklets etc.

i think also a fga is nessacary to be professional

what area are you from? are there many households using oil still in your area??

Im from Northern Ireland average charge here seems to be in around £35 per service and it is nearly all oil fired accross three counties in driving distance from me.

I would hope to get work from advertising and hopefully buillding up word of mouth.

If I thought I coud maybe make around 20 grand a year it would definately be worth it

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
have you got your oftec courses completed?? which ones?
I am doing my courses this week and am thinking with the cost of courses, fga, oil jet commissioning kit, smoke pump and printer, and cost of parts including nozzles etc, looking at around £2000 - £3000 start up costs

are you a plumber by trade?

whereabouts in NI are you oftec? Ave price is £30-35.00 over here. But it's the convincing people their boilers need serviced is the problem. Many think along the lines of "it work's. I'll leave it alone"

Have you any plumbing experience? And who are you training with?

Start up costs are dear as stated but it's kit you will need plus your fga will need calibrated annually. Bassetts may do you a deal for consumables.

Not stealing your dream my friend, just be aware it's a long hard slog to get where you want to be.

Tyrone but can cross into armagh and enniskillen very handy from here, I supose any amount of marketing won't convince customers they need the service done. See your in portadown are you plumbing?

Theres a few companies about, in in central Belfast for the training

as said it convincing people that they need there oil boiler serviced, they only look at it when its not working.

have you got you qualification OFTEC?? do you do plumbing?

No I would be a new entrant and would have to complete the prior learning etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock