Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler Servicing Tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willing2learn

I've got myself some brushes for cleaning out heat exchangers etc. But what I'm after are the thin solid metal tools (a bit like those metal thickness gauges but longer) to poke down the tight gaps of heat exchangers in ideal icos' etc.

Any ideas where I can get these from?

If you're stuck a blunt hacksaw blade will do , but go easy.

Not a good sign when aluminium exchanger blocked. Be gentle with the fins.
Probably green and grey. After i have cleaned one of these, my face burns?
Now, before i do this type of work, i throw a dust sheet over the flue.

With regards to brushes, when you buy a set, there will be a blade in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/brushesandabrasives/REGT75"]REGT75 - Long Cleaning Blade | Regin[/DLMURL]
there you go

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/brushesandabrasives/REGT75"]REGT75 - Long Cleaning Blade | Regin[/DLMURL]
there you go

You the man!! That's you on my christmas card list for this year!!!

Dom

that regin site looks like a handy site for equipment !

question, can you order off of this site ? can't see any prices anywhere

Last edited:
dont think you can but what ever you are after take down the part numbers and order it in pts,parts centre etc

Best to wear a dust mask when doing these as the dust / powder that comes off is definitely not good for the lungs.
If i breath it in it near chokes me and it makes me itch too.
Use some air duster on it too or if you have none blow through it with the hose off your guage (that is when you get a lung full).

Best to wear a dust mask when doing these as the dust / powder that comes off is definitely not good for the lungs.
If i breath it in it near chokes me and it makes me itch too.
Use some air duster on it too or if you have none blow through it with the hose off your guage (that is when you get a lung full).

good advice tamz

just to bring this back to life and save posting another thread about the same, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good quality brush set , need to get my first set for servicing ? i found a couple of 9 and 11 piece sets on ebay, i wondered if any of you guys thought these looked decent enough quality wise, or if there is preferred brand used amongst the more experienced H/E's..?

cheers

Buy what you fancy, my latest set has 9 pieces and was on special at ÂŁ5.50.
I know it will last at least a couple of years, good value or what?

aye that sounds like a good deal for sure, where was that form MM, also getting a FGA next week , so still trying to decide on testo 327-1 v kane 455 ? any thoughts on that one lol?

Was from FMT Direct.

Regarding FGA, I have an Anton Sprint V2 kit 3.
Expensive but I'm a Tech Tart :)

Any one know how to change the header settings on a Testo?

I've got one that's showing the wrong details on printouts.

hmm yeah i looked at the antons also, but for some reason (apart form having learned with these units during apprenticeship) I am drawn to testo;s , both in looks a and apparent build quality / design, I am going to go or the full beans package , at 608 on the testo i think, would love the 330, but hey money is an object here!

MM, you say you have the anton because you like more techy things, but could you elaborate without having to spend ages typing , as to why it is more techy than say the 327-1? if that makes sense!?

only thing i know how too change is the time and date by pressing the center button and going into main menu. brother in laws got anton sprint v2 good unit and you can put all of your company details in the header. tends to be cheaper from a calibration point of view than the testos, always about ÂŁ180 a time.

now considering the anton sprint v2 cpa kit, going back to analysers, however... these are the best prices I can find thus far ? anyone know of any other retailers who may be able to beat an of these three currently off the top of your head,

ane 455 CPA1 kit ÂŁ571.12
Anton Sprint 2 CPA1 kit ÂŁ615.12
Testo 327 CPA1 kit ÂŁ726.00
All prices are + VAT with a lead time of 3-5 days delivery.

I got my Sprint V2 including the gas sniffer at Grahams for quite a good bit less than that. Just ask your local merchants, they might get you a better offer than through the Internet.

thats quite a big saving on my price dirk, thanks for mentioning grahams, i rarely use them as they never seem to have in what I need, certainly in my neck of the woods anyway !

L

thats quite a big saving on my price dirk, thanks for mentioning grahams, i rarely use them as they never seem to have in what I need, certainly in my neck of the woods anyway !

L
I know, but either they have recently changed or I am asking for the right stuff now. I found them a number of times getting me much better quotes than the other usual suspects.
Especially on higher priced items.

Well thanks for the advice guys, I took the plunge and went with the testo cpa 1 advanced kit, pick it up on Monday cant wait!

Would also like to say a thanks to you guys, as I was looking for some brushes for boiler servicing. :yes:
1st boiler service job this week, fingers crossed it goes to plan.

Well just to update, got my testo 327-1 Adv Cpa 1 Kit this week, and used for some basic testing already ( let by/ tightness) , but I have to admit a couple of things I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on ..

1. I was a tad disappointed to find the gas detector is a 15 pound piece of crap feeling thing (it works of course) but I was thinking it would be a testo gas detector , anyone else feel a wee bit duped by that item being so , well cheap feeling compared to the main unit ? and not even made by testo..

2. Anyone in the Scotland area know of a good course that is run up here on the analyser by testo or others, I did cover this in my gas assessment and still remember how to use it (plus I have the mi's), but would be nice to do another wee refresher I think, shoudl it not be in like oban or summit ?

Other than that great unit, solid build and good functionality , pretty crap it has zero memory mind you !

cheers
L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Servicing Tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock