Discuss Boiler servicing & breakdown tools in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all. Just need a touch of advice please! Quick back story, I have been plumbing/pipe fitting for 14 years. Just passed my ACS after a 10 year hiatus, only had around 18 months gas experience, and that was back then. Deciding to dip my toes back in.

What tools would you recommend for servicing & breakdowns?
Thank you

Not forgetting: consumables such as:
  • smoke pellets,
  • smoke matches,
  • ldf,
  • gas ptfe/paste,
  • warning notices and labels, any lgsr/homeowner forms if you’re carrying your safety checks (if you’re SE of course, otherwise get them from your employer),
  • copy of GIUSP,
  • Electrical safety kit: such as tester to prove dead, lock off devices, earth continuity checker if it’s required.
  • A ratchet set maybe handy,
  • some open ring spanner’s are useful,
  • expansion vessel pump,
  • some manometer tube to be kept for draining down say a Vaillant Ecotec pro, some potterton’s.

Reply to Boiler servicing & breakdown tools in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
R
Hello Just a quick question. I had a new Vaillant ecotec plus boiler installed in Nov 2021, with a 10 yr extended warranty. I've been trying to...
Replies
Views
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed...
Replies
Views
Back