Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

2. WARNING! We do NOT provide advice related to Gas or other fuels to people who are not currently an official registered Heating Engineer. Do NOT ask for advice related to boiler repairs or installs. You need to find a heating engineer instead.

Either seeking or providing advice on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk may result in your account being suspended or removed. These rules are in place to prevent deaths, which can easily occur from messing with heating systems when you're not qualified to do so.

Discuss boiler repair courses in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. jonnyboy

jonnyboy GSR

hi lads looking for repair course,s on combi boilers i am in newcastle looking for coureses not too far away cheers

2. Petefinny

Petefinny Guest

Baxi do courses but there HQ is in Warrington, its a good course though, Worcester do one in Bradford, not sure wether this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Barry98

Barry98 Guest

warrington to newcastle about a 3 hour trip , id say thats a bit too far lol

4. Petefinny

Petefinny Guest

lol just a bit !but it all depends how determined you are!!

5. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

3hrs is not to bad , think yourself lucky that you dont live in the west country, Glow-Worm in Bristol is as near as we get for any boiler training !!

6. Barry98

Barry98 Guest

was it worth going

7. jonnyboy

jonnyboy GSR

warrington in january may book last min see how the snow is doing white blanket and freezing at mo up here

8. Marco

Marco Plumber GSR

Baxi courses at Warrington are very good and well worth going on, but there are actualy 4 courses from memory:
    Basic Electrical
    Boiler theory? - or similar
    Fault finding
    Advanced fault finding

Can't do the fault finding course until you've done the earlier ones, not sure if they run back to back or not so at least only one journey if stayed over?

Mr Combi one ok, but done in a shortish 1 day course at a hotel with mobile boiler on a jig so only could do electrical tests - but thats the majority of the tests - he also does a DVD which is ok. But no where near as detailed as the Baxi one.

9. Petefinny

Petefinny Guest

I did the Basic electrics, then boiler appreciation then the Fault finding 3 days in a row, then you go away and use the skills that you have learnt then go on the advanced fault finding, well worth doing,ive not done the advanced fault finding yet but will be booking on it soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Belly

Belly Guest

Do you get any literature afterwards Petefinny?

11. Petefinny

Petefinny Guest

Yes i got three Books one for each course on everything that we went through and showing you how to test all your components and about using your multimeter, the books i refer to all the time, very usefull.

12. Belly

Belly Guest

Ok thank you :), think ill have to get meself signed up to the course

13. rob2048

rob2048 Guest

How much was the baxi one

14. Petefinny

Petefinny Guest

£75 pound per course for the ones i went on.

15. Marco

Marco Plumber GSR

If booked on line its cheaper (10%?)