Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler recommendation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello all,
I know I should know but I'm not entirely sure which Boiler I should install in my house. It's a 3 bed which will be running 3 zones, downstairs, upstairs and underfloor heating. Shower will also run from this too...

The baxi platinum 40 looks quite Appealing with a 10 warranty.

I've a budget of around a grand....

Any Advice would be much appreciated.

how many bathrooms/ how many people living

1 bath, just the missus and 2 kids... Eldest 6 years old. I can up budget by another couple of hundred or so.

1 bath, just the missus and 2 kids... Eldest 6 years old. I can up budget by another couple of hundred or so.

what system do you have atm?

Nothing at the moment Shaun.. Gutted out the whole house just finished piping today so starting to think about the next phase.

Nothing at the moment Shaun.. Gutted out the whole house just finished piping today so starting to think about the next phase.

ideal vogue 40kw
worcester cdi compact 36

so dont go buying plastic wb rubbish for starters, look for the boiler with least to go wrong in the first place, intergas would be my choice as if there is no diverter valve, it cant break and if there is no plate hex it cant block and warranty isnt to bad on intergas hre compacts.

i've not fitted an intergas boiler before... sounds amazing with all the less parts..

ugly looking boilers though...lol..i'm going to have to go check one out first me thinks..

Platinum is a good bet.

Also Ideal Vogue 40, or an Intergas RF Eco 36.

Both the first two are 10 yr warranty out of the box, but for the Intergas you have to attend their training course to qualify for the 10 yr warranty.

so dont go buying plastic wb rubbish for starters, look for the boiler with least to go wrong in the first place, intergas would be my choice as if there is no diverter valve, it cant break and if there is no plate hex it cant block and warranty isnt to bad on intergas hre compacts.

Shocking backup down here tho so alas have given up on them ,

Baxi plat out of the others.

intergas , will still give hot water even if heating stops working, (will work just like a multi point) and less parts to go wrong

im yet to fit one but have done the course and yes they do look pretty good you need a decent limefighter or silphos balls with then in hard water areas

If your starting from scratch I personally would go for a s plan with un-vented and probably an intergas heat only

After reading all the good things about intergas, I couldn't resist [emoji4]

06faebbaa9c93861f58eedef706fde3d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler recommendation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock