Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler recommendation? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, we've recently bought our first house (1.5 bed, 1.5 bath, 6 radiators), and it seems we're in need of a new boiler - apparently our current one is a Valliant 2008 model, and it just started unhappily clanging a couple of weeks ago. The plumber we called to look at it suggested we replace it with an Ideal Logic Max 30 HE - I know nothing about boilers and was hoping to gather some advice please! Is this a good boiler for our needs?

If it makes any difference, we're hoping to extend in the next 5-6 years to 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 10/11 radiators.

He's also quoted just under 3k for the whole thing, including replacing the flue and a system powerflush, which seems fairly reasonable (we're on the outskirts of London).

Many thanks for your time and advice!

Ask 10 different gas engineers and you’re likely to get 10 different answers, some have a preference, and some may push a certain boiler for additional warranty periods. I’m not sure I understand 1.5 bathrooms? One bath with shower, or a bathroom and en suite?

Ask 10 different gas engineers and you’re likely to get 10 different answers, some have a preference, and some may push a certain boiler for additional warranty periods. I’m not sure I understand 1.5 bathrooms? One bath with shower, or a bathroom and en suite?
Cloakroom is normally the 1/2.

The plumber is just specifying for a property you might be extending, problem is that it is very oversized for your current building.

At minimum load that boiler chucks out around 10kw between 6 rads in what appears to be quite a small property. That means for at least six years it's going to short cycling, reducing the life of your boiler as well as paying more for your energy. I'd try and get your current one fixed, perhaps a fixed price repair from the manufacturer or find a boiler with much better modulation.

If not the new Viessmann 100-w combi boiler modulates at around 10:1 (200-w is better but costly) and it's hydrogen mix compliant so in theory future proofing for any changes in gas supply.

Reply to Boiler recommendation? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock