Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler over a gas cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

psk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

The title says it all how would one classify this installation as?
Found one the other day on a CP12 report.
greenstar system boiler was about 500mm above cooker.

cheers

That dont sound to clever i would guess the cooker aint got a lid on the hobs cos doubt that would open, if theres any instuctions for the cooker it will tell u clearances to extracter unit. u wanna be looking at least 700mm clearnace

Good question!
I believe that there should be nothing combustible less than 760mm when directly above a hob but I don't know what classification this would be, if no-one here can give a definitive answer then maybe a call to gsr might be the ticket

playing devils advocate here if theres no sign of scorching which appliance is AR, the cooker id assume . but if theres scorching /damage does the ID go on both boiler and cooker? or would you ID the cooker and note damage to boiler

Last edited:
playing devils advocate here if theres no sign of scorching which appliance is AR, the cooker id assume . but if theres scorching /damage does the ID go on both boiler and cooker? or would you ID the cooker and note damage to boiler

good question Steve technically both appliances but if no distress etc ID and cap cooker then theres no safety concern with the boiler

Seriously tho would anyone with any sense honestly want to put a boiler above a cooker???

ar, cap the cooker.
if the cooker dosnt look like it can ever be housed else-where in the future i would id the boiler due to gas/electrics in boiler. as you can bet the cooker will be reinstalled again.

i know we shouldnt assume anything, but in this scenario if we assume the cooker has scorched the boiler, (cause it aint gonna be the other way round is it) then both would be ID, as the cooker is "causing" a problem, and the boiler is damaged

ar, cap the cooker.
if the cooker dosnt look like it can ever be housed else-where in the future i would id the boiler due to gas/electrics in boiler. as you can bet the cooker will be reinstalled again.

if it is AR you cant really cap the cooker

if it is AR you cant really cap the cooker
why not?
the cooker is causing a risk because the clearance is less than 760mm to combustible surface (plastics and wiring within boiler) and the gas supply within boiler at risk from open flame.
or are we having one of those moments.lol.?

why not?
the cooker is causing a risk because the clearance is less than 760mm to combustible surface (plastics and wiring within boiler) and the gas supply within boiler at risk from open flame.
or are we having one of those moments.lol.?

there is a POTENTIAL for a problem which is AR which is isolate and advise, not cap

Hey,

Those were intresting answers, i ID'd the cooker and moved it further down in the kitchen, it was the landlord being funny he showed me previous CP12s claiming the installation to be safe, i decided to call the boiler installer he was GSR btw but his number wouldnt go thorugh.
Thanks to you wizards i can sleep tight tonight.
cheers:wink:

there is a POTENTIAL for a problem which is AR which is isolate and advise, not cap
thats what i mean tho',
disconnect the cooker and tomorrow it gets re-connected as its a rented property?..""Q!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler over a gas cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock