Search the forum,

Discuss boiler making noise when hot water tap turn on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grabu

My boiler is making noise and water pipes are vibrating when the hot water is turn on from the bathroom and kitchen tap. My boiler is located upstair besides the bathroom tap. Boiler does not make noise when the radiators are turn on and the radiators are heating properly too. But when the hot water tap is turn on usually and mostly in morning times, the boiler along with water pipes (near the bolier) start to make noise and vibrate. It happens mostly in morning and peak time, but it can happens at any times but not all the times in a day. This problem has started from 2 months ago.

Please help me. I will be grateful if anyone find the solutions for this. Thank you.

You've posted this more than enough times now. You'll be keeping one thread. I'm deleting the rest.

Be patient.

try flushing system,use good cleaner and dont forget to replace inhibiter,

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you got a combi? Have seen this a couple of times recently on combis where usually bar type shower valves start playing up trying to mix when hot water is being run. If so try turning off the cold feed to the boiler and then opening a hot tap and see if you get any water flow. You shouldnt if you do you have a problem hope this helps.

Yes i have you got a combi You are right that I have seen this a couple of times recently on combis where usually bar type shower valves start playing up trying to mix when hot water is being run. How to turn off the cold feed to the boiler? When opening a hot tap, there is some water flow from the bath tap which is connected by water pipe to the boiler.

There should be an isolation valve on the connections beneath the boiler. Turn it off but becareful because there is always the chance it could start leaking! If still getting flow could be faulty valve. If so turn off hot and colds to shower or remove and cap for a couple of days and see if it resolves it, if it does replace valve.

I attached my boiler picture to know isolation valve on the connections beneath the boiler

Attachments

• boiler.jpg
    boiler.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 55
Hi. Did you solve your boiler problem? The description you gave sounds exactly like the problem I have.

Morning please register with us and start your own thread to ensure the you get some answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler making noise when hot water tap turn on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock