Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler is firing every 5 minutes or so in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonytimms

I have a Worcester combi oil fired boiler about 10 years old that has been working ok but recently I have noticed that it fires very frequently, as often as once every 5 minutes, all day. It did not do this before. The thermostat on both the hot water and the central heating seem to work ok but even when I turn it down it still seems to fire just as frequently. My local engineer says it is the cold weather but I can't believe that as it's quite mild at the moment. Hope someone has an idea what causes this.

Regards

Is it fitted with a frost stat? if so it could be set wrong or faulty

You dont have a hot tap dripping/ running in the property. I Know it sounds obvious but is a possabillity

I have checked the hot water tap, it only has one on the kitchen sink and one in the bathroom, the shower is electric. I have also looked under the sink etc and can't see any leaks. The boiler is losing a bit of pressure but not much, probably about 0.5 bar every week.
Regards

I can't think of anything else at the moment, somebody else will though

Turn off the cold supply into the boiler there is an on/off valve on the cold in at the top of the boiler. This will just prove if there is a possibility of a leak somewhere that you cant see, if it stops you have a leak somewhere if not will go to the next stage.

probably about 0.5 bar every week....

We , I mean you ,have a problem Houston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the obvious bad news but what I am looking for is a solution.

Regards

hi, can you fiind/see any leaks on ch system/boiler ? is any water dripping from pressure relief pipe ? what pressure is on gauge when system hot ?
which model is boiler ?

Worcester man...doth though take the mickey???

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler is firing every 5 minutes or so in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock