Discuss Boiler is firing every 5 minutes or so in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonytimms

I have a Worcester combi oil fired boiler about 10 years old that has been working ok but recently I have noticed that it fires very frequently, as often as once every 5 minutes, all day. It did not do this before. The thermostat on both the hot water and the central heating seem to work ok but even when I turn it down it still seems to fire just as frequently. My local engineer says it is the cold weather but I can't believe that as it's quite mild at the moment. Hope someone has an idea what causes this.

Regards

Is it fitted with a frost stat? if so it could be set wrong or faulty

You dont have a hot tap dripping/ running in the property. I Know it sounds obvious but is a possabillity

I have checked the hot water tap, it only has one on the kitchen sink and one in the bathroom, the shower is electric. I have also looked under the sink etc and can't see any leaks. The boiler is losing a bit of pressure but not much, probably about 0.5 bar every week.
Regards

I can't think of anything else at the moment, somebody else will though

Turn off the cold supply into the boiler there is an on/off valve on the cold in at the top of the boiler. This will just prove if there is a possibility of a leak somewhere that you cant see, if it stops you have a leak somewhere if not will go to the next stage.

probably about 0.5 bar every week....

We , I mean you ,have a problem Houston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the obvious bad news but what I am looking for is a solution.

Regards

hi, can you fiind/see any leaks on ch system/boiler ? is any water dripping from pressure relief pipe ? what pressure is on gauge when system hot ?
which model is boiler ?

Worcester man...doth though take the mickey???

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler is firing every 5 minutes or so in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back