Discuss Boiler Install Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smtplumbing

All right guys not been doing boiler fit outs myself for long, but i was asked to quote for a boiler swap to a worcester 30 cdi but when i went out to the job i found these few problems. the flue exits on an balcony which has a soild wall and an openable door and window.

1) too close to the window
2) no gaurd on flue
3) flue burn marks outside
4) under SG(BG) Contract

Any way few otherthings. I found it a we problem to install a new boiler to keep with in the new regs.

Its ok to have it in the bathroom as its outside the zones, The flue is to close to the window, the flue must miss the beam on the balcony which means the boiler would need to be lower for the longer flue which would be to close to the toilet. is there anyway this could be done thanks steven. IMAG0820.jpgIMAG0821.jpgIMAG0822.jpgIMAG0825.jpg

U could run the flue left and then into a bend and then through a new core in the wall to get over ur 300mm. Also I think you'd need to extend flue along the balcony ceiling do it sits proud from building. Ultimately you need to read the mi b4 u fit, this will help u make sure u price the job correctly, as I said u might need more flue accessories as first thought

You could get a close coupled wc - the top of the water cistern will be lower. This will give you more space to fit the boiler. You might just miss the beam. And use the plume management kit on the outside.

Last edited:
Hi smt does it need a 30 CDI installed? The 30 si is smaller and would allow you to drop the boiler low enough to pass the beem.

What about the G/Worm Flexicom, you can run flue from back of boiler insted of top this will save some space, is this going to be on the top flat or G/Floor ? if GF you may have a problem from the top floor if steam starts to blow into their balcony,

What about the G/Worm Flexicom, you can run flue from back of boiler insted of top this will save some space, is this going to be on the top flat or G/Floor ? if GF you may have a problem from the top floor if steam starts to blow into their balcony,

Great for space saving but terrible boilers long term.

what about the balcony does it count as a canopy or carport covering if so doesnt flue have to be 1200 from opening. what about vert flue

thanks for the replys. I will reply from the top.

MBear though about doing the to 90o but very tight also with the longer flue i could reuse the same core and extend the flue past the beam as the gases are not near the window now checking the MI its very tight not bothered about flue stuff but i no what you mean.

AlexGas Thought about a close couple set but landloard does not want to fork out the £££ for it.plume kit what be the best way to do it. with out cause a problem to the tenanat.

steveB same as above

APPlumbing Yeah i thought about that the landlord wanted a 30 cdi but sure i can talk him round.

jtsplumbing landlord wants a worcester i tried a other company. also its a top flat

buckley plumb its not classed as a car port i dont think

Destroyer2813 IS that the best way is using a plume kit just bring under the beam and out past the guttering

Check the mi"s for the maximum length of plume kit allowed somthing like 3/4 meters rings a bell and obviusly keep it well supported and falling back to the boiler , and take the mesh out of the 90 and put it into the end of the straight extension.

Probably wanted a 30cdi for the flow rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Install Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock