Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler flue through pitched roof in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Everyone,

Quoting for my first boiler installation with vertical flue going through pitched roof.
It is 3 storey house, i am planning on getting a roofer to fit the flue through roof & flashing kit, would you say this would be best way to go about it?
Can any roofer do this? and would they usually test it for leaks somehow once finished??

I am based near maidstone in kent, if anyone knows good roofer in the area? Also guide price of what i should be looking to pay for this?

thanks for the help

It really depends how you feel about the work. Most likely I would do the works myself as I would not trust the roofer to do the flue works. It should be really done by a gas safe engineer which is you. I trust you would do the job together. Better off having another engineer with you when doing the works. Is there any chance to work on the roof?
If not, you could get a cherry picker or something similar.

If you work alone then yes take a roofer and do the works together.

Price various wouldn’t put a price up here though. Best of ring8ng some roofers and ask for prices

Why do you need to be gas safe to fit a lead flashing kit and then stick a flue through it? Roofers do it all the time and then we connect up to the inside?

Why do you need to be gas safe to fit a lead flashing kit and then stick a flue through it? Roofers do it all the time and then we connect up to the inside?
I was thinking he is going to connect it up. But i mis read it ... still better off doing it with someone together don’t you think.

I would not trust a roofer as you need also a certain distance and heights for the pitched roof terminal kit

get the roofer to stick the flashing and flue though normally same time your installing the boiler

Do the weather flashing yourself, I'm scared of heights so it's always a wobble for me being up high but why pay a roofer when itbreally isnt that hard.

Make sure you have a grinder to cut the tiles.

Good luck

Thanks for your replies everyone, sorry for delayed response. i put a price in and not had response yet but still given me something to think about for next time.

I would be happy to do myself but never done it & wouldn't want to cause damage to other roof tiles or the flashing to leak due to my inexperience.

thanks everyone

Reply to Boiler flue through pitched roof in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock