Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler flue letting in water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

The flat upstairs’s overflow has developed a steady leak directly onto my boiler flue below. The water has found its way in through the flue and floods my boiler housing and kitchen. Is there something wrong with my flue? Can they be fixed or am I looking at a whole new boiler?

The flat upstairs is council (I’m private) so it’s a proper hassle trying to get their boiler fixed. I want to see what I can do my end for peace of mind. Thanks in advance.

If it was me and the council are in no hurry, I would connect a hose to the outlet to run the water away. I would also contact the water supply company as this is a waste of water. They should speed things along, explain the situation.

The flat upstairs’s overflow has developed a steady leak directly onto my boiler flue below. The water has found its way in through the flue and floods my boiler housing and kitchen. Is there something wrong with my flue? Can they be fixed or am I looking at a whole new boiler?

The flat upstairs is council (I’m private) so it’s a proper hassle trying to get their boiler fixed. I want to see what I can do my end for peace of mind. Thanks in advance.
Nothing wrong with your set up I expect. Flues are carefully designed to deal with severe weather but not continual deluge. Play it cute and you will get financial redress from the freeholder above ..ie the
Council. Get a Gsr report on your flue boiler and the damage . Take photos of damage and overflow running. Advise the council but not just numpty on reception go to two places local motivated elected member and directly into their legal team as they have executive powers. Local press next
You will get redress ...Centralheatking..I know my way around local government

Reply to Boiler flue letting in water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock