Discuss Boiler / cylinder setup in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

A customer of mine has been using a gas-fired calorifier to supply hot water to his hmo, this has now given up and is beyond repair so we are looking at replacement set-ups. The simplest option seems to be to have a gas system boiler connected directly to a 250 litre cylinder and I am looking at an 18kW one as the previous gas burner was rated at 14kW. My concern is that I don't think enough heat will dissipate in the cylinder coil and that the boiler will modulate down in a matter of seconds. Is there any way of calculating this or does anyone have any experience? There is the option to go for a solar cylinder and link the two coils together if this will help. Any thoughts much appreciated.

The method you are considering will not perform the same as the set up he/she now.

Why does the customer have a direct fired water heater?
What type of building, commercial?

You need to look at high re heat ones also match the coil kw to the boiler kw and you should get the reheat time advertised

Reply to Boiler / cylinder setup in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock