Discuss Boiler clicking when off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hobbes1218

Hi folks, we recently had a Glowworm combi gas boiler installed above our bedroom and it has woken me up at 4am for the past two nights with a short sequence of clicking sounds lasting around 10 seconds. Two days ago the heating was set to come on at 7am so why would it click at 4am? Last night I had the heating set not to come on at all but at almost the same time (10 minutes later I think) the clicking started again (at least this is when it first woke me up). This time is was repeated at 5:10 and 6:30am. Thanks for any ideas - I need some sleep! All I can think of tonight is to turn it off at the mains would this be OK to do?

Cheers,
Chris

Are you sure it's the heating? The boiler may have eco and is pre-heating the flat plate heat exchanger. I would suggest you get your installer back to check the settings.

I have looked at a manual for a glow worm this may not be yours. But on the front panel there is a temperature dial. If you turn it off the eco setting, assuming this is the problem the boiler won't fire short burstvat night. Good luck.

Thanks for taking a look moonlight. We had a British Gas engineer around today for another reason - but he kindly took a look at the boiler after saying he thought it was the pre-heating as well. He was in the loft for 20 minutes but said he couldn't turn off the pre-heating - he said it seemed fixed to factory settings and to call Glow Worm for advice on how to do this. So it does seem likely to be pre-heating but if a BG engineer can't sort it in 20 minutes I'm not holding out much hope for me! I'm not looking forward to 4am.

The engineer didn't seem too familiar with this boiler so maybe he missed the eco setting? Worth a go tomorrow? Too late to head into the loft tonight. Thanks for the hope!

The instructions say:
To access the Pre Heat function hold in the "+" button for 5 seconds. The display will indicate (flashing) if it is ON/OFF(OF).

But when it is held for 5 or more seconds only the temp is displayed.

The instructions say:
To access the Pre Heat function hold in the "+" button for 5 seconds. The display will indicate (flashing) if it is ON/OFF(OF).

But when it is held for 5 or more seconds only the temp is displayed.

If you've exhausted the user instructions you were given when the boiler was installed and they aren't working then call the original installer and ask them to assist. Otherwise, as your BG engineer said, "call Glow Worm for advice".

Call customer services at gloworm they will get someone to talk you through disabling it , failing that get the installer back regards kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler clicking when off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock