Discuss Boiler Breakdown Sticky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Posted before but if you have a glowworm cxi and the fan pulses on and off along with the display after working on it ...get a hairdryer and heat up the pcb because theres a dodgy capacitor on the board that freaks out when cold......i thought tech were winding me up but it works. (if it doesnt the pcb's knacked).

Fit a vailant 937 recently and when the cold tap was turned on the boiler pump would kick in but not fire, like if a hot tap had been opened briefly...apparantly the aquasensor picks up negative pressure sometimes even through the cold so..get to the diagnostics by pressing the i + - buttons simultaneously. To access the second level diagnostic codes scroll through to D.97 press the i button scroll to 17. Press and hold the i button untill it returns to D.97. Then you wil be able to access second level diagnostics.....D.88 (adjust the sensitivity of the aqau sensor for water hammer..0=1.5l/min and no delay..1=3.7l/min with 2s delay........i adjusted with a delay, Good times..

Vokera Unicas and mynute he fault code 73 return thermistor faulty. The return thermistor will have corroded because the silly clip holding the flue thermostat to the conveyor has cracked the conveyor. New conveyor and thermistor easy enough done.

If you've narrowed down a fault to two suspect components, the faulty one will be the one you choose not to order.

Strange intermittent fault on an Ideal Icos/Isar/Istore? Check the rear of the heat exchanger, they tend to melt and can play buggery with the wiring loom.

Ferolli Modena 102 and similar firing up for seconds at a time with NO DEMAND is caused by faulty thermistors usually. Doing the same with demand, is usually caused by the venturi failing. DO NOT REMOVE unless you are 100% sure or have a replacement, 9 times out of 10 it will turn to a little pile of dust as soon as you touch it!

Ariston Microgenus, usually give a fault code relating to the air pressure switch, most of the time its the fan. They seem to be running perfectly, but they slow down with age and don't spin fast enough to operate the APS.

Reply to Boiler Breakdown Sticky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock