Discuss Blocked Saniflo outlet pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

If it's a blockage of "toilet materials" like paper and poop I have always had good results simply wet vacuuming the pipework clear. Sometimes the machine on suck will clear it, sometimes on blow and sometimes a bit of both. If the pipe is reduced in bore diameter by build up from water deposits, I've not had any luck clearing that and would probably just replace the discharge pipework for new if that was the case. That's a guaranteed fix.

Hi All, came across this post which seems to be the problem we are having. How did you sort this out in the end @Zippymark? Plumber came around and told us to lift the floor.. a bit depressing thought. Any ideas appreciated, plumbers who can assist welcome :) thanks.

I managed to clear it by diconnecting the actaul Saniflo, and pouring drain acid down the pipe and then linking it to the shower hose and running hot water down it and it seemed to clear, but I absolutely wouldn't recommend you try this yourself as drain acid can not only be really dangerous to you, but could also cause more harm than good if you don't know what the pipework is made of (it can eat through a plastic pipe if it doesn't work its way through).

Once it was clear, the tenant has been using a Saniflo descaler once a month or so and that seems to have kept on top of it since,

Reply to Blocked Saniflo outlet pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back