Discuss blocked CWSC overflow? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I've heard it is quite common for over flow pipes on CWSCs to block.
Is this true?
In which case, how and why do they get blocked? And how would you test it (ie, hold the ball valve down and force the water to overflow)?
Do you routinely test the overflows when fitting a new FOV valve?
Thanks again for all your advice. Tis much appreciated.
Jennie

you will soon be looking for an apprentice. when that time comes, remember me, k.

CWSC overflows rarely block. Yes, if a new valve is fitted, then it will be unwise not to test that the oveflow is working properly. last thing you want is a flood from CWSC in loft

jennie, as VI says they rarely block, but one thing that happens loads are suitcases, xmas trees, old toys ,etc etc etc are thrown on top of pushfit overflow pipes and they obviously come apart.
Cover your b*m (I would have said *rse if you were a bloke lol) and test the overflow because if something happens you will get blamed.

Take a short length of hose with you, insert into o/flow tank connecter and blow first to check its clear, then overfill and check for leaks along pipe run
A lot of the time the only indication of a duff filling valve is a damp patch on ceiling due to leaking o/flow pipe as some discharge into gutter out of sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to blocked CWSC overflow? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
My father has a parkray fire which has a back boiler . He had a leaky radiator, when he was attempting to fix leak the circulating pump...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock