Discuss Bits of fortic assistant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Afternoon guys

I hope you're all well on a dreary Thursday afternoon

I have been asked by a landlord to look at one of his properties where the tenant complains of running out of hot water, particularly when filling the bath. Now am I missing something or based on the picture attached is it nothing more simple than the fortic isn't big enough to hold enough hot water to do a bath?

I appreciate that in an area of hard water such as mine that the element might well be scaled and not working to its full potential.

image.jpg

I say yes, mums got one, rubbish, pressure not great but she won't change it.

There should be enough hot to have 1 bath though surely?

What happens? Does water run out? Is it filling ok?

Fortic rubbish!!!

Sorry I wasn't clear. The heated water runs out. The flow doesn't actually stop.

Runs cold mate. Sorry not explaining myself very well today.

Runs cold, so basically there's not enough hot water being heated until it draws cold.

From the pic, the hot part looks smaller than the top cold part? That shouldn't be?

I'm inclined to agree buddy. As I say, it works I reckon they've just run a hot deep bath a couple of times and run out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bits of fortic assistant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I need a bit of advice or help. I have a low pressure hot water system due to the Hot Water Tank being in a bedroom, not in the attic...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, I'm after some advice on converting my current CH system to Wiser smart system. In particular, looking for advice on whether I can use the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock