Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Big Wind is forecast tonight ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

:lol: Me and my lot are on orange/lemo waiting for the calls if it works out

Last time we had 4/5 months of insurance work - but I hope everbody is safe.

centralheatking

I understood it was hitting the sw, all you are copping is a breeze, on the lifeboat this am on exercise the swell/waves were more than entertaining! seems some of the crew that were supposed to be learning had other commitments!

i know, ive had 3 curries this weekend........................... big wind is a defendant!! ;)

putting my chainsaw, leggings and helmet in the van tomorrow morning, might mean I get to where I want :)

I've a computer generated image of the expected damage caused by the storm.

storm.jpg

Here in Lincoln the winds are forecast to go up to a mighty 19mph tomorrow and 15mph overnight...

I reckon it has a lot to do with the lorry full of baked beans that were nicked from the back of it whilst the driver was asleep this week !

We had horrendous rain here at 4 am this morning, I can't remember the last time it rained as hard.

Just looked out the window...currently hammering it down. I knew it must be about time to wheel the BBQ into the garage and put the sun parasol in there as well!

No wind here apart from my aristotle because of copious amount of tmoatoe juice and jalepeno's

Ive said it once, and i will say it once again

god damned vertical flue tomorrow....

Its starting to pick up abit now, im on a hill...
Wind has killed the bathroom extractor fan....

i wonder if supperplumb wants some experience fitting a vertical flue...

Back in '87 when it blew up, it took our roof off, and the outer skin peeled off the back of the house.

Had to live with the inlaws for 10 weeks. Wouldn't fancy that again.

I have good word from high up in the Met Office that the south coast will be ok. His name is Michael Fish!

Back in '87 when it blew up, it took our roof off, and the outer skin peeled off the back of the house.

Had to live with the inlaws for 10 weeks. Wouldn't fancy that again.

That was the weekend i did my unvented hw :lol:

The BBC have never been the same with a forecast since. They are always ott with the forecasts these days so they can't get accused of not warning us.
When it turns out to be a damp squib they say well better safe than sorry.

all trains around london are cancelled till 9 am at the earliest tommorow morning roads will be slow tommorow

all trains around london are cancelled till 9 am at the earliest tommorow morning roads will be slow tommorow

What is the world coming to. We have turned into a nation of ******* who can't deal with a good day to fly a kite on.
Everybody will be hiding under the kitchen table anyway if they have been listening to the news so the roads will be quieter than usual. Don't take the car, no unnecessary travel, stay at home what a load of nonsense.
You'd think we had a hurricane katrina on the way.

They risk assess everything in the same ott manner.

Yes ...we have become a nation of namby pamby H&S obsesssed big girls blouses, I fully expect to see nothing more than a twig in the road tomorrow with 6 ar$holes circled round it in suits/high vis vests and clipboards doing a full risk assessment and the twig coordand off with barriers. I will just drive straight through the barriers and get on with a days hard graft.

saw some pretty big trees down this morning one had taken the dormer and parapet of the front of a 5 floor block of flats at stamford hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Big Wind is forecast tonight ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock