Discuss BG Sales techniques.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ok, Im not here to talk about the great powerflush debate. I've noticed (and it may just be local to me) that the past few quotes I've been doing against Scottish/British Gas, the sales rep has advised the customer that the boiler may be mounted on an asbestos board. Fair enough, I think. They then say that if they don't get the job then the customer would have to get the offending article tested and certified.
Now I can see the point if it was asbestos and they were going to work on it but surely they would have tested this during the years that they have been carrying out their "service"? Another underhanded sales tactic?..
Thoughts?

wont test it unless they will disturb it so no reason for servicing.

It's the usual bg thing. Make it look ten times bigger to match the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BG Sales techniques.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock