Search the forum,

Discuss Best U Gauge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dcollie87

Need a new U gauge...

Is the Regin one with the blue liquid worth the money?

Any others that people like?

The ones that stand up on their own look handy but maybe not when in a tight space. Anyone have experience with these?

Dave

i would say it depends on how well you think you can look after them. easy come easy go or last a life time, whats your gravy?

Regin premier all day long

I have various ones. Regin premier 45 is the main one, but also a bog standard 12 and 24 inch water ones. Tend to use the one on my fga more and more nowadays

The regin one is so much Easyer to see its worth the extra

Regin do a blue fluid that is the same specific gravity as water so you can use it in any water gauge. Regin premier is the one I use the most although my favourite is my J gauge. Makes me feel like croppie when I'm using it because it's so tall.

RIMG0001-1 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

i have a regin and the case is falling to bits, still want to keep it though as i just think the thing will get scratched to bits without it..what do you guys do with it ? just hoy it out ?

I chucked my case years ago. The metal part is scratched to blazes but the acrylic section is fine. The acrylic section has actually come away from the metal part now, I keep meaning to stick it back together but it's working fine and I keep not getting round to it.

Regin do a blue fluid that is the same specific gravity as water so you can use it in any water gauge. Regin premier is the one I use the most although my favourite is my J gauge. Makes me feel like croppie when I'm using it because it's so tall.

RIMG0001-1 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Everyone should feel like me. Then you'll what a fascinating world I live in......

I got tired of blowing the water out of my gauge very 3rd house I went to so I eventually got a Regin premier. 7yrs later and its still going strong (although the blue fluid is a tad expensive when you need to top up!)

I sold my regin premier to a fella on here, their expensive and worth the money! I sold mine because i didnt want to damage it though lol

I bought a flexi rothenberger one instead which is great :) picked a 45mb one for £30 on fleabay

i had a flexi one and hated it after it started to curve up regin every time now easy to see and nearly impossible to loose the fluid needs £8 of fluid every 18months or so

regin for me too, although i did manage to blow a load of fluid out testing lpg even though your not supposed to be able...do they do a bigger one than the 45mbr one.

I've got an electronic anton apm140 and its brilliant. No fluid spilling anywhere and its even got a light on it incase your in poor light :)

I've got a rothenberger water one as well incase my other one ever breaks, but its not let me down yet :)

I love my monument one!! Can you put a little bright yellow ldf in the water to add colour? or does that mess up the readings in some way?

regin for me too, although i did manage to blow a load of fluid out testing lpg even though your not supposed to be able...do they do a bigger one than the 45mbr one.

That's why I use the J gauge. 45 mbar isn't always enough to test the lock up pressure of a regulator. I stick the J gauge on outside for tightness testing, lock up and working pressure and use my premier inside for pressures at the appliances.

Any guage will do. They all do the same job at just over a tenner for a 12" one it is a no brainer.

I have the Regin 45... I hate those cheap plastic water gauges, they always have air bubbles in and the cheap hose discolours making it difficult to see!

I keep mine in the case! The nice people at Regin sent me out a free of charge one when I asked!!! Can't complain at that :)

Why do I have this signature on my posts lol! No one else seems to have it!!!

i have just brought a regin 45 gauge second hand but it does not have the instructions with it just wonderind how you fill and zero it

Got to merchants buy regin fluid and say you bought a gauge but no instructions could they photo copy some for u?

i put my fluid in the blue left part at top,unscrew the grub screw bottom left about half way thats how you zero it by screwing it in. put a bit of fluid at a time though cos it has to drip through. remember aswell put the tube on the left only and take the bung tube off both whilst doin a test..

I got given a cheap gauge, tube was a bit grubby, so just put some diluted bleach in, cleaned up a treat, and you can use a bit of food colouring if you want to make it a bit more noticeable, i also use a syringe to fill and that's a lot easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best U Gauge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock