Search the forum,

Discuss Best system advice for new house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tonyre

Hi

Just about to move into a new house which currently has an annex which we have to knock through to. The annex and house have two separate systems - house is gas unvented system and annex is a gas combination system. When combined there will be 3, possibly 4 bathrooms and 2 Cloaks, kitchen and utility. Where we are knocking through the combination boiler would have to be moved a couple of metres to another wall. Should I just keep the two systems running side by side or would I be best to replace with one new system. If replacing, what would be the best type of system for that size of output? I realise I'm about to get slated for the lack of info but please go easy.

Thanks for any response.

Tony

Best is obviously not the cheapest but without doubt a system boiler and unvented cylinder would be best.
If your existing regular boiler is big enough then just adding an unvented cylinder would be a close second.
(Depending on several factors like water flow and pressure)

There's also the renewables to consider if the budget could stretch to it.

If incoming water flow/pressure is an issue then the answers the same but with additional storage tank and booster.

with four bathrooms a combi isnt suitable how ever depending on the out put and age of the existing combi it could be used as a system boiler to heat an unvented cylinder and retain the hot water side for one bathroom (usually the closest ) its a judgement call depending on the model age of existing but it is an option you could ask your installer about you can post in the i need a plumber section here to get quotes and opinions for the work where abouts are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best system advice for new house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small Annex that only has 3 Rads. The boiler Cycles but is only ignited for about 30-40 seconds before reaching target Temp and then goes on pump overrun. Given that there are only 3 Rads and are 'designer' with a total combined KW spec of about 2.5kw, the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4 bathrooms in total. One on the ground floor (shower), two on the 1st floor (en suite has a shower and family bathroom has a bathtub and seperate shower)...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock