Discuss Best solution for a failed expansion vessel? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Vaillant Turbomax Plus boiler, fitted in 2005. Recently it's locked out several times due to low pressure, which prompted me to check the expansion vessel. When I pressed the Schrader valve I found that water, rather than air, was released. That suggests to me a failure of the diaphragm? I read somewhere that it's often easier to have an external expansion vessel installed than to replace the original - does that make sense to the experts?

I have a Vaillant Turbomax Plus boiler, fitted in 2005. Recently it's locked out several times due to low pressure, which prompted me to check the expansion vessel. When I pressed the Schrader valve I found that water, rather than air, was released. That suggests to me a failure of the diaphragm? I read somewhere that it's often easier to have an external expansion vessel installed than to replace the original - does that make sense to the experts?
External expansion vessel certainly, way cheaper to buy simple to install. Make sure you get the right capacity vessel. Look up BES on line to see how cheap they are. Centralheatking

Reply to Best solution for a failed expansion vessel? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock