Search the forum,

Discuss Best Service vacuum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

solutions

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Any recommendations? Im looking for a vacuum to clean up deposits brushed from heat exchangers in domestic gas boilers. I assume given the potential for carcinogens in the deposits or potential for asbestos fibres in some older boilers that it should idealy be at least hepa filtered. I dont know if such a thing exists but is there a vacuum that have a bag with built in hepa filter so once the nasties are in the bag you dont have to expose yourself or any one else to them in order to empty it?

Or George

i have a festool midi vacuum too. Mega bit of kit with a massive filter. Don't want to get it dirty. Was on offer at Anglian tool for£199 inc vat and delivery.

Definitely prefer a separate wet vac. When I've been sucking out waste pipes etc I don't then want to take that same machine into Mrs.Pensioners house to service her gas fire.

keep your vacs seperate :) if you switch from wet to dry it coats everything, strains the moter and soaks the paper or hepa bag.

henry do a hazardous vac but it costs a bomb.
see here HEPA Filter and Cyclonic Vacuums

or just use a bog standard henry with the hepa flo bags and microtex filter would be a more cost effective option :)

personally if i was to buy one again, i'd go for a metal cased version :)

seee here
Commercial Dry Vacuums

keep your vacs seperate :) if you switch from wet to dry it coats everything, strains the moter and soaks the paper or hepa bag.

henry do a hazardous vac but it costs a bomb.
see here HEPA Filter and Cyclonic Vacuums

or just use a bog standard henry with the hepa flo bags and microtex filter would be a more cost effective option :)

personally if i was to buy one again, i'd go for a metal cased version :)

seee here
Commercial Dry Vacuums

Thanks 1king will check those out. Agree with keeping vacs seperate, I have a wetvac just want a seperate service specific dry vac.

i think the hepa style hoovers are around the 400 to 600 quid mark.

how far do you want to go for your health ehh ?

I'm after a milwaukee cordless vac for servicing etc, apparently they're the business

Henry every time they were designed for servicing oil boilers(google it),hepa filters are cheap as chips for them

*whistles*

WP_20131126_010.jpg

I'm after a milwaukee cordless vac for servicing etc, apparently they're the business

I have one it's excellent, does suck and blow ( use the blow to clean filter. ) best price is tool monkey - Leighton buzzard. (Free delivery)

pretty good, power is impressive tbh.
i use it to clean out the cars and the van too.
makes a good seat.
haven't used it for wet work yet.
milwaukee rep did say buy a second filter for wet stuff or the dust goes like cement in the filter.
good for gas fires and servicing but isn't really for cleaning up a building site..
fairly noisy.

main con is it does suck alot of juice out of the battery.

i am a touch cheeky and use the blower function to blow all the dust away after i core drill outside of the house.

if you have 4+ 3 or4 amp hour batts then its a good addition :)

on a milwaukee note this was announced today.

BUYING IT ASAP

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2792-20

i need a flipping radio

Last edited:
ffx has tool monkey beat by 6 quid.
Milwaukee M18Vc 0 4002395243037 18V Cordless Wet And Dry Vacuum 18V

i know but i'd have it playing off my phone.
no bother to me :)

i'll tweet milwaukee and see if a dab version will be available

Im beginning to think if you were cut open you would spill milwaukee. Which are owned by AEG if im not mistaken. I have makita kit but I like the milwaukee stuff I have seen, just haven't had the chance to try any of it. With battery tools once you buy in to a system youre kind of tied to it. Maybee I should just invent various intrtchangeable adapters to allow batteries from different manus to work on other manus tools.

I'm always amazed that no ones invented a ..........

In fact, I'm keeping it quiet. Could make me a fortune.

milwaukee ryobi,vax,aeg, dirt devil and many others are owned by TTI which is a chinese company admittedly however it's still good quality :)

corded tools i'm looking at hilti more than milwaukee.
milwaukee, panasonic, hilti and festool are the higher end of the market in my opinion in quality :)

hey festool have more tools now, even a cordless sds (they used to run a sub company called pro tool but they absorbed it again)

milwaukee ryobi,vax,aeg, dirt devil and many others are owned by TTI which is a chinese company admittedly however it's still good quality :)

corded tools i'm looking at hilti more than milwaukee.
milwaukee, panasonic, hilti and festool are the higher end of the market in my opinion in quality :)

hey festool have more tools now, even a cordless sds (they used to run a sub company called pro tool but they absorbed it again)

Thought it was Atlas Copco? My milwaukee tools say made in Germany

atlas copco got them in the 1990's and let them go to TTI i believe.

copco wanted them to be industrial tools but it didn't work out all that well :)
same :)
just owned by a Chinese company it seems :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best Service vacuum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock