Discuss Best brands for showers and bathrooms? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike_s

Which do you prefer to install, which are the best quality and value for money?

The quality of our local merchants doesn't seem all that so looking at other bathroom companies supplied by Plumb Center and City Plumbing or others.

As for thermostatic showers... Mira, Aqualisa, Triton or other brand?

I prefer Triton showers.

As for the rest I have asked customers to supply as I don't want any hassle with buying the wrong thing or "You said ...", etc. I advise them not to go too cheap and to buy the best taps they can afford because the chrome finish is usually a much better quality.

In addition, I never quote for bathrooms (estimate instead) because occasionally some items are so cheap they don't stand square or fit poorly or whatever and it can take a good hour or two more to make it look good.

Mira advance thermostatic is a very good one. A bit expensive but worth it.

I would agree that any of the three would suit me although i have a leaning towards the Mira as their spare parts are available for donkeys years which i think is a good selling point.

Thanks for replys, todays bathroom went well, customer bought from homebase. We got what seems like a good value thermostatic shower from plumb center as the cheapest ones really are crap.

It seems like a lottery on quality no matter how much you pay we can hardly notice on price.

We particulary look for good quality on showers, shower trays and enclosures.

Shower trays and enclosures are the exception where I like to choose Lakes. They seem good quality and are reasonably easy to fit. They're not the cheapest but I've fitted one or two of other makes and the extra labour involved made the price the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best brands for showers and bathrooms? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock