Search the forum,

Discuss benchmark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
How many of you come across benchmarks that are not filled out? I have assumed it's an uncommisioned appliance if this is the case but more often than not I find out its been installed by a gsr company and has been signed off and has a notification.

So does a non completed benchmark make it commissioned?

If you carry out all the tests then it's commissioned, not filling out the paperwork is part of the "full process" and doesn't comply with the MI which usually ask for them to be completed, however it's worse when you find them filled out with exactly the pressures and values straight from the MI without the checks being done, same as service work, used to see loads of CP1's stating BP as 10.7mb, when most people use a water gauge it's impossible to record .7 on a gauge, and funnily enough the MI state 10.7mb

This is why the benchmark has been implamented.
I hate it when you come across ones that are half filled out with only the standard parts filled out.
ie what cleanser used . - 1 litre x300
Hot water gas rate -- blank
CH gas rate -- blank
Hot water flow-- 14lpm
Checked at all outlets - not a chance

See loads of it these days wasn't sure what the interpretation of a blank benchmark is

did a service the other day.
bench mark was all filled out, a bit worried with the recorded gas rating something like 3.3m/h
it was only an 18kw system,
interesting that the manual covered a couple of different sized models,
no prizes for guessing where the figure came from.

in 8 months on social housing im yet to see a bench mark book left with any boilers and ive serviced some only 3 months old

in 8 months on social housing im yet to see a bench mark book left with any boilers and ive serviced some only 3 months old

When my mate had his system done I called round in the afternoon waited till they left and had a look over everything and surprise surprise no benchmark

did a service the other day.
bench mark was all filled out, a bit worried with the recorded gas rating something like 3.3m/h
it was only an 18kw system,
interesting that the manual covered a couple of different sized models,
no prizes for guessing where the figure came from.

you reminded me of a boiler I serviced last year. The benchmark was filled out with a gas rate of 5.8. I thought it was strange until I realised it was the heating and hot water figures added together. It also had a flexible tap con as a filling loop. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to benchmark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock