Search the forum,

Discuss Beko DG 582 Frees standing cooker - 2nd opinion appreciated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

I've just been to the house of horrors - had to ID a 38 year Baxi 525 RS (for a knackered sight glass) followed by a Beko DG 582 for a faulty FSD. I've left the old couple (he has dementia and she has Parkinson's) without any means of cooking, heating or boiling hot water and now I'm feeling bad about it. I'm not familiar with this cooker. It lights straight onto full flame and after 10 minutes on GM 5 was still on full flame. I opened the door and it still wouldn't drop to low flame. When I blew the gas out it kept flowing. I could reduce the flame from the thermostat only. There's just some nagging doubt in the back of my mind about these models and low flame setting. Can anyone enlighten me?

How long did you leave it after blowing the flame out?

Also turn cooker on maximum then lowest setting to test bypass

Hi Guys,

I've just been to the house of horrors - had to ID a 38 year Baxi 525 RS (for a knackered sight glass) followed by a Beko DG 582 for a faulty FSD. I've left the old couple (he has dementia and she has Parkinson's) without any means of cooking, heating or boiling hot water and now I'm feeling bad about it. I'm not familiar with this cooker. It lights straight onto full flame and after 10 minutes on GM 5 was still on full flame. I opened the door and it still wouldn't drop to low flame. When I blew the gas out it kept flowing. I could reduce the flame from the thermostat only. There's just some nagging doubt in the back of my mind about these models and low flame setting. Can anyone enlighten me?

If you can reduce the flame via the thermostat it would appear that it it is working. Did they complain of burned food? It can sometimes take a while for them to heat up and opening the door certainly won't of helped. Also older cookers will only go down to bypass rate when flame extinguished, did it have a thermocouple?

Thanks guys - yes it has a thermocouple and it took about a minute to shut off the gas. I know they're allowed 90 seconds but a minute seems like a lifetime. Going straight to full flame threw me. I'm showing my age now.

Thanks guys - yes it has a thermocouple and it took about a minute to shut off the gas. I know they're allowed 90 seconds but a minute seems like a lifetime. Going straight to full flame threw me. I'm showing my age now.

I'm not getting why you cut it off then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Beko DG 582 Frees standing cooker - 2nd opinion appreciated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock