Discuss BBU/Fire Register Plate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright guys? Went to a bbu and fire service, chimney not sealed around liner, all other tests ok, advised the customer of issue and he wants the job done. I've never really fitted one before though, and there's not much room to work, I've ordered a couple sheets of ellis board to fix in the chimney. Obviously I'll need to take the flue hood off to get a bit of extra room, but even then it might be a bit of a struggle to get a drill in to get fixing. Any suggestions of getting it fitted without removing the bbu?

Also, would you class it as ar or ncs? The unsafe sits says ncs if its not practical to seal around the liner, but doesn't really define what practical is, it could be perceived differently by each engineer.

Don't need register plate for BBU.

Usual method to seal is block it off with rockwool/ fibreglass insulation.

A Quick run up to customers loft can usually supply sufficient insulation
for the job.

It's quite a wide chimney breast though, so don't know if rock wool would fill it without falling down

Start packing it and use an off cut of copper to push it further up usually does the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BBU/Fire Register Plate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
TLDR; Why are modern primatic cylinders unsuitable for use with an uncontrolled heat source? The scenario: I have a friend (really) that needs a...
Replies
Views
I've been servicing my own oil fired Rayburn for years without any problems. Immediately after my last service, a few days ago, it smelt really...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am hoping that I can pick your brains again. I have just installed an Ancona 1800mm high and 10 double columns wide radiator. This...
Replies
Views
Ladies/Gents, I'd appreciate some advice myself on this one! Went to a inset gas fire today to do a service. Took the fire out of the brick...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock