Discuss BBC .. Couples 48 year old boiler finally packs up in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

centralheatking

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
An elderly couple are finally replacing their 48 year old boiler. Mr and Mrs Braddick bought their boiler in 1971 for £200 when they moved in. The couple say they never had any problems with it. Mr Braddick from Northam in Devon says he thought the boiler came with a 50 year guarrantee but he has lost the paperwork. It equates to £2500 at 2019 prices
It is a Hotspur Oil Fired installed and serviced by the same man all this time.
71DAD8F7-F077-4436-8541-92E11489FC91.png

Attachments

• F0503E3F-C06B-4034-9ED9-95B7D22BEDB4.png
    F0503E3F-C06B-4034-9ED9-95B7D22BEDB4.png
    475.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Enlighten me please chking

Trigger won a medal from the council for his money-saving maintenance on equipment. He declared he's had the same broom for 20 years "only" having to replace the head 17 times and the handle only 14 times. When asked "How can it possibly be the same broom?" he produced an old photograph of him with it saying "what more proof do you need".

It's a British comedy classic moment. The delivery is what really made it. You can find it on youtube just searching Trigger's Broom.

Reply to BBC .. Couples 48 year old boiler finally packs up in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
D
Hi I am seeking some advise regarding my Ferroli F24 Boiler. We are experiencing problems where when the boiler has been used for a period i.e...
Replies
Views
A
Hello, Sorry for the long post, but I think detailed information will help you in providing maximum input! I live in a 3 bedroom, 2...
Replies
Views
S
Hi and thanks in advance for any advice It’s a little long as quite simply I need to be sure whether I can get a free repair as it’ll be after...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, I bought my first home last year and have had no real problems with it until last week there was a knock on my door and it was the fire...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock