Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss baxi system 35/60 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Malty

I am having a problem with a Baxi system 35/60 and would appreciate some help.Flow switch spindle does not always come out fully to make the microswitch.This only happens when the boiler has been off overnight and tries to start at 7am.
Changed the rubber diaphgram, chaneged the pump as it was running very slow, desludged the central heating system in the house, removed the heat exchanger and flushed out. All of this improved the operation and it ran away happily for 2 months. Now the problem is back again. Can anyone tell me if the hydraulic outlet assembly has an internal check valve that may be giving trouble? If i get the boiler going it runs all day and works very well.

Any comments welcome. Thank you in advance for any help.
regards
Malty
user_online.gif
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/report.php?p=50592"]
report.gif
[/DLMURL]​
progress.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well first maybe strip flow switch down again,check still clean,cleaning pin of any black build up and also silicon grease spindle and re assemble,may sound silly but presume you have fitted high head pump,if return filter fitted clean out

Thanks Puddle, yeah I did all that , a few times, and it sometimes helped a little in that the spindle comes out barely enough to make the microswitch. If i close down the flow or return valves the pin comes out to its full extent so it,in itself, operates well. The problem in normal operation seems it is trying to overcome a larger pressure or back pressure. Do you know if there is some kind of internal check valve in the hydraulic outlet assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi system 35/60 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Hello, I wonder is I could ask for some advice please. I have just replaced and only gravity fed boiler with a new Baxi heat only boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock