Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss baxi rubber washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

just something for those of you that fit baxi/main/potterton boilers they were coming with rubber washers for the gas but now they are fiber instead i had to ring BAXI to check as something looked amiss remahas time and efficiency people may have dropped them to save a few bob?anyway theres no addendum in the mi,s so if you come across this there are no bits missing this is now the norm:confused:

gasman thats what i was on about in an earlyer post they were always rubber but now fibre and ive had a few come loose over a few days 3 to be exact i rang baxi and they said they would keep a check on it,at first i thought ,ive double checked that hows that happened as remember joking with me mate about swinging on them but to happen on 3 is dodgy,so ive been going back afew days later and doing the paperwork and double checking the gas nuts again just to be safe

gasman thats what i was on about in an earlyer post they were always rubber but now fibre and ive had a few come loose over a few days 3 to be exact i rang baxi and they said they would keep a check on it,at first i thought ,ive double checked that hows that happened as remember joking with me mate about swinging on them but to happen on 3 is dodgy,so ive been going back afew days later and doing the paperwork and double checking the gas nuts again just to be safe

i smeared mine with jet blue see how it goes,i see what you were talking about now

I have asked on Baxi Works and no one has had any come loose. However everyone prefers the rubber washers

its one of them were you feel a bit daft,but its not something you can walk away from .my peice of mind wont let me not check them again before i leave i always double chack all the boiler nuts and tightness test again so i no its not me leaving them loose cos why would you as on the water side it would be leaking everywere so its same for the gas you always nip them just to check only had it on these not any other boilers

they have only just gone over to fibre washers probably cost reasons but the rubber ones must have been needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi rubber washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
I am replumbing my lakeside hunting cabin (totally off grid, water from a well or the lake, solar power through a battery bank and now a large...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock