Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss baxi instant 105e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
has anyone fitted an external EV to one of these as opposed to replace a failed original. My only concern is the these are not the average EV as part of it is used for the DHW preheat I believe. it would make my life so much easier if it possible as the boiler location and access is very poor. One for GASMAN :cheesy:

Call manufacturers dude theyre the only ones who can tell you for sure

Does preheat really need expansion? I haven't noticed other boilers have this dual expansion tank... It would expand back into the water mains

Fitted an external one on a Potterton Performa he. Same boiler different badge I think. Potterton said to connect it to the 1/2" capped connection on the return valve. Can't remember why, but had no issues with it.

You can fit an external expansion vessel with no problem. Preheat will still work fine.

has anyone fitted an external EV to one of these as opposed to replace a failed original. My only concern is the these are not the average EV as part of it is used for the DHW preheat I believe. it would make my life so much easier if it possible as the boiler location and access is very poor. One for GASMAN :cheesy:

yes can be done without disabling pre heat but go for a 12 L vessel,10 L was never really upto it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi instant 105e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock