Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi installers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What are you paying for flue bits?

Flue extensions, elbows, 135deg bends I have noticed that I can get them cheaper at screwfix than plumb centre. They are saying it is because of the multifit 2 flues and they have changed them so I had a look at another price for worcester flues and that's the same!

I tend to get them with the boilers but when I have bought extensions and 135s they did strike me as expensive but stupidly didmt shop around

Plumb center all over the shop with prices at times. I always in there kicking off at the cost of parts . I often wonder how they operate as at times they are so expensive.

They have peed me off lately with prices x price 1 week, +40 the next....BUT still alot cheaper compared to some trade only places >>>for the boilers i use<<<
And i do like the fact they will try and do a deal based on spend.
I ordinarily wont deal with suppliers who think they dont need to do this.
Even the cheap heatline type ones come with a flue kit and i still get them cheaper than some trade only places with no flue.

So not much to complain about really !

Last edited by a moderator:
The domestic market is huge with many folk paying over the odds for everyday stuff. I may be old fashioned but what I pay for the majority of stuff is below most online stuff, purely because I spend regular amounts with regulars suppliers regularly

if you stick with a merchant especially an independant, they will look aftr you and bend over backwards to help you out if things go wrong you will never get that off ebay or the big nationals

if you stick with a merchant especially an independant, they will look aftr you and bend over backwards to help you out if things go wrong you will never get that off ebay or the big nationals

+1 defo, just had one to split a horizontal flue as i needed the base plate/adapter

They have peed me off lately with prices x price 1 week, +40 the next....BUT still alot cheaper compared to some trade only places >>>for the boilers i use<<<
And i do like the fact they will try and do a deal based on spend.
I ordinarily wont deal with suppliers who think they dont need to do this.
Even the cheap heatline type ones come with a flue kit and i still get them cheaper than some trade only places with no flue.

So not much to complain about really !

That's what I've had but the prices change within half an hour.

I was told £80 for an expansion vessel got in there and they charged £93 so I kicked off at them and have been double checking the prices.

Around me though they are the best prices for Baxi boilers.

I try and use my local indy when I can, but 40p more per meter of 15mm means I go to Grahams for my copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi installers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock