Search the forum,

Discuss baxi eco80 melting venturi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dazza3674

hi all hope you can help

boiler stopped working othe day, thought inital fault was aps so fitted new one.didnt fire up still, found prob to be melted venturi. replaced venturi and fan all working ok...24 hours later boiler failed again another melted venturi. this combi boiler does not have a room state fitted so its relying on boiler sensor to cut out when reaches temp. im going to install a room state when i return from working away. my question is what could make boiler produce so much heat that its melted 2 venturies..is there a temp sensor on pipe that could be faulty or poss pcb fault..flue is clean. radiators getting to hot to touch which leads me to think a sensor or thermistor is faulty.

thanks in advance
darren

Hi Darren I would urge you to get a gas safe registered engineer in to solve this problem ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi eco80 melting venturi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
We are a few months into our Viessmann Vitodens 100-W 19KW Heat Only boiler and it is working fine. We replaced an old 1999 Baxi. Our house is a 2 bathroom 4 bed detatched, built 1999. The engineer did not really know the Viessmann boiler and I am not convinced his approach of “turn everything...
Replies
Views
R
Scottish Power fitted new pump and claim fault in the tank?? Scottish Power engineer claims fault with sensor in tank however the central heating pump switches off when rads at temp. A Bastian pump was fitted in place of the Grunfos one - I've insisted he returns to fit a Grundfos one as I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi Sorry I can't find my original first post which stated the problem I had with a plumber. To update you all he finally admitted fault and came out last week to rectify the pipe work problem. Im now left with another issue.. Sigh! He's probably messed up my motorised valve that feeds the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock