Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi DuoTec 33HE kettling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spreck

Gas Engineer
icon5.png
Baxi Duotec 33HE E130 overheat activation / loud kettling

Hi Guys,

has anyone had issues with a baxi duotec with the error code E130 overheat activation
the system was kettling like mad tested all the ntc's for ohm ressistances all good checked out the overheat stat again all good. Rang the 0844 baxi number and went through all with the senior tech boiler ramping to 99degC should cut out at 80 with 5deg tolerance on the pcb so 85 came up with Pcb as only option left changed pcb Kettling stopped but still rising to 90 before burner cutting out.

So PCB was the expensive answer but sorted out kettling however another fault is still foxing me.

i'd previously changed the plate exchanger as it had pin holed and the diverter cartridge belt and braces this was ten months ago, the system is pretty clean and has a magnaclean installed.

at the same time as the exchanger changed the ntc on the hot water as normal leak on the old one so its only ten months old.

hot water is intermittent now cycle is 15sec hot 15sec cold any ideas??? Wiring loom no corrosion at ntc connection? Hall flow sensor led is activating upon call for hot water and staying lit whilst taps running so unlikely to be filter blocked as sensing movement at hall flow along with no discernible reduction in flow on hot took lpm when changed earlier issue.

Any my ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Spreck​

is the pump failing, ie not moving enough water through hex in first place, just a thought. the signs your getting would normally have me changing the ncts to be sure its not them failing.

is it dumping down the flow? re check the ntc should be 10 k at room temp decreasing with temp,if this checks out i would be re looking at rubbish in the plate or if dumping down lower spring in dv faulty or jammed with muck

It does scream restriction somewhere, Possibly not new plate as Lame says pump? Taking the lpm on hot won't tell ya any reason for kettling. it'the heating water restricted that causes it.

is it dumping down the flow? re check the ntc should be 10 k at room temp decreasing with temp,if this checks out i would be re looking at rubbish in the plate or if dumping down lower spring in dv faulty or jammed with muck

Had heating system stone cold and not passing so ruled out the div. I'll check the ntc again as you suggested.
ta Spreck

is the pump failing, ie not moving enough water through hex in first place, just a thought. the signs your getting would normally have me changing the ncts to be sure its not them failing.

Pump seems to be performing fine as tested the heating circuit and all heated up ok boiler in airing cupboard upstairs, checked rads and end of run downstairs heated well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi DuoTec 33HE kettling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock