Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi duo tec 28 heat exchanger problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Our boiler went off with error 133. I investigated and found the ignitor module had melted! This was replaced. When the boiler fires up now there is intense and immediate heat radiation from the left upper and lower front side of the heat exchanger unit. I switched off immediately and have a tech coming on Monday to look at it. In the meantime any clues? Is this a dead exchanger or could it be something to do with the gas burner inside? Or are they one and the same? The boiler is about 8 years old so suspecting a new one might be in the cards.

When was the burner seal replaced ? Supposed to be done ever 4 years max

possible new burner door seal, did one 3weeks ago , not dear, you MUST use gsr engineer to fit as he will have to re analyse the boiler, to make sure burner and gases are correct. YOU CAN NOT DO THE JOB.

Thanks everyone. Interesting to hear about the burner door seal. Never been done to my knowledge. And no I wouldn’t dream of running it at the moment. Think it would melt down in about 2 mins!
I’ve got a gas guy coming Monday so see what he finds. Cheers.

Any pictures ?

thi is one we did a few weeks ago

Attachments

• chris.jpg
    chris.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 20
Wow. That’s interesting looks very similar. Similar discolouring on the metal where presumably the hot fumes blow out. And I had the same molten igniter. My leak appears to be on the left.

Attachments

• CF1B95F3-2B16-4F87-8BF1-D0C25A7C34CA.jpeg
    CF1B95F3-2B16-4F87-8BF1-D0C25A7C34CA.jpeg
    642.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 5CC77BFE-FA0D-4165-9D4B-9B6D48E5F175.jpeg
    5CC77BFE-FA0D-4165-9D4B-9B6D48E5F175.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 74E2CA41-C471-43CB-9829-A474F1944CB1.jpeg
    74E2CA41-C471-43CB-9829-A474F1944CB1.jpeg
    694.9 KB · Views: 20
new seal, ing unit, needed new pump as well as not happy, and drip tray, re set spark gag, analysed all good cost of all parts £200

Baxi fixed price repair£300 or new boiler

Reply to Baxi duo tec 28 heat exchanger problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock