Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Lability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Baxi Combi boiler losing pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Lloyd Mercer

Lloyd Mercer New Member

Hi,

I have an issue where the combi bolier is losing pressure.
    In around 3 hours will go from 2 Bar to less than 1.
    If I pressurise the system all appears to work correctly, hot water, central heating etc.

I've isolated the boiler by turning off the feed to Rads and the Hot water and then re-pressurised, the issue still remains so doesn't appear to be a leak in the radiator system.

While the pressure is dropping there is no leak from the Condensate out pipe or the copper over pressure pipe, and no obvious leak from the boiler itself.

Any ideas? surely that amount of water has to be going somewhere, any help appreciated.
    In that time frame it must be losing a couple litres of water?

2. Lloyd Mercer

Lloyd Mercer New Member

Update, when I turn heating back on the pressure jumps quickly to over 3 bar and water comes out over pressure pipe

3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Lloyd , you need a GS guy in to check something.
    Sorry but its the rules

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

GSI needed bud . kop

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lloyd Mercer

Lloyd Mercer New Member

Ok I understand that but in the meantime while waiting and finding someone, can I just I keep filling it up or what? Like I said there is no leak I can see anywhere

6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

There is a leak out of what you call an over pressure pipe. Get a gas safe Engineer in. He will fix it for you.