Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Boston dubious flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPC

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I do some regular work for a customer and he asked me to service his Baxi Boston boiler but i was dubious about the flue as it looks a bit well just old really. Would you guys be going ahead with a service on this appliance given that visual inspection of the flue?

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

I do some regular work for a customer and he asked me to service his Baxi Boston boiler but i was dubious about the flue as it looks a bit well just old really. Would you guys be going ahead with a service on this appliance given that visual inspection of the flue?

View attachment 29430

View attachment 29431

Can' t tell the outside run length but the selkirk twin wasn't supposed to go over a certain distance externally.
It's rusted so needs replacing really. It needs insulated stainless twin in my opinion and should have been done in that from the start, (in my opinion).

I would discuss replacing the flue with the customer, I would service it and smoke test the flue. If it is sound and doesn't spill, I would issue an at risk notice because once a hole appears it could effect the performance of the flue.

The cost of that new flue / Chimney will be very expensive and the age and condition of said Boiler also needs taking into account !

I would make sure he/she understand the risk of leaving it for much longer to be honest.

Reactions: Dan
thank you for the advice, really appreciate the second opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Boston dubious flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock