Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 630 with weather compensator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all,

I tried Baxi technical today but the guy I spoke to wasn't able to help me. I've just fitted a 630 and decided to fit a Multifit weather compensator (for the first time) in line with the new Part L regs. I chose the standard one - not the flue mounted model. When I tried to set it to curve 50 the display stayed on zero. Should this not have changed? I was also surprised to see an earth on the low voltage 4 terminal. I left it in the curve 50 position but the customer called me back tonight. The heating flow simply isn't getting hot enough to warm the radiators. I'd appreciate any advice on why this is.

Jock

Isn't it less eg 0 or 20 for hotter rads ?

From my friend at Bati: "The earth is there to shield the wire if ran next to mains cables.
The temperature selector should have allowed you to set the curve between 00 & 90. If it didn't allow this it is down to a PcB parameter issue, we have had a small batch of PcBs where the parameter for the outdoor sensor has not been enabled, so the boiler doesn't identify the sensor has been fitted, You will need to book a service call so that a Baxi engineer can sort it out."

Your right that's stupid, so some 630s arnt compactable out the box

IMG_3538.PNG

Just had exactly the same today with an IFOS on a 630. Thanks for this, I thought it was something I'd done! :-D

What do you think of the 600?
Tempted to quote them instead if logics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 630 with weather compensator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock