Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 424 combi tempreature not going above 57 degrees in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone
i have a Baxi 424 combi the system working fine but the maximum tempruter on the screen reach only 57 degrees for heater and 51 degrees for tap water
this happened after a visit from (obviously) unqualified tecnichichan to fix a minor leak on the boiler, which initaly didn't efect the system funcunality, it seems after some kind of reset the system need to be adjusted somehow
i called up Baxi support and i was told (we are not allowed to disclose the information on how to increase the tempreature)
the manuel dosnen't have much information and the program really hard to deal with, atleast for me is very hard to understand

any help is highly appreciated in this cold weather

thanks

Hello, it would be easiest to just phone the engineer who was out and ask him if he turned anything down and/or ask him how to turn it up.

If it's the model I'm thinking of, you just turn the heating knob to where you want, either wait a few seconds for it to store the value or press the tick key. Same with the hot water and thehot water knob.

Baxi Technical can 100% tell the user how to adjust the user controls! They are for you, the user, to adjust!

On the other hand, if you are asking to get into special menus and parameters to start messing with the advanced settings then Baxi may deem this as 'Engineer level' stuff and not end-user adjustments. If someone goes into a modern boiler's parameters and adjusts things they don't understand then there are some adjustments which can potentially cause damage to the appliance or affect safety.

The engineer could have set some kind of limits in parameters to stop you turning the temperatures up but that would be in the parameters and you shouldn't be going into these menus (but the engineer should problbly nip back in for two minutes for free to put it back the way it was if you didn't ask him to set limits).

Hope this was of some help.

Both knobs/dial is on the max postion
Engineer who was here completely out of clue (it's safe to say he is idiot) if you don't agree I will upload pic showing how he fixed the leak with silicon
Baxi support said its the knob/dial is what they are allowed to explain to me, I asked about a dip switch mentioned in the manual he said he is not allowed to explain anything about that although it's mentioned in the manual I asked if it's secret he said no we don't keep anything secret but we are not allowed to disclose this I said it's weekend and I have kids and we have severe weather now days, it doesn't seem to move anything down in his heart and then hangup on me
Sorry for the long story but sometimes it's very hard to convince people on forum to focus on the questions instead of giving advice like (it will be easier to call, etc)
Sorry but I think it is always easier to answer the question as your hands on the keyboard and your eayes reading this

Do you have an outdoor temp sensor ?

What controls do you have ?

Hello, the manual that mentions the dip switches will be the installation and maintenance instructions which are not the same as the user manual. Just because it is in the book doesn't mean you, the customer or end user, are allowed to open the boiler up and do it. That information is for the qualified person.

It will likely state near the beginning of the manual that the instructions are for a competent person (meaning a qualified and experienced person with a calibrated flue gas analyser and assessed in its use in an ACS training centre). It counts as gas work removing the boiler casing and accessing the PCB dip switches and the boiler will require all the 26 9 checks afterwards which you will not have the equipment, experience or qualifications to do.

If you are unwilling to get the previous person back (possibly for free!) then just pay another gas engineer to come out at weekend rates and deal with it.

You can't open the boiler up and do any of the work yourself and no-one here, or at Baxi, will tell you how to do DIY work on a boiler.

It might be cold but a bit of moderate cold indoors won't kill you, messing with a boiler might in a number of ways. Electrocution, gas explosion, steam explosion, third degree burns, carbon monoxide, fire and could put family, visitors and neighbours at risk too. All of these have actually happened to people and still happen every year hence regulations being required to say who can and cannot work on boilers.

57C for heating and 51C for hot water are actually working settings that many people will intentionally set boilers to for efficiency reasons. 55C heating and 47C hot water would in theory be even better to be honest but only if the house's heat loss can be satisfied! It's more or less fully working if just set at those temperatures and no actual faults.

Get a local gas safe engineer out today and pay them to fix it or get electric heaters today if really that bad and get an engineer out on Monday.

Do you have an outdoor temp sensor ?

What controls do you have ?
this boiler has two knob/dial and an LCD display in the middle the left knob is for heating system when i turn this knob right it increase the temp and this reflect accordingly on the lcd display (as i mentioned the max it can reach is 57 degrees it should come up to arround 70 or even more i am not sure) the right knob is for hot tap water the max i can reach is 51 this normally should come up 60 or maybe more) i am not talking about how hot is the water actually come out of the boiler i am talking about the numbers on the lcd display in the boiler itself, in other word the boiler control system dosen't let me put the temp higher than what i menetioned, this simply something in the software not to do with any sensor or what so ever

this boiler has two knob/dial and an LCD display in the middle the left knob is for heating system when i turn this knob right it increase the temp and this reflect accordingly on the lcd display (as i mentioned the max it can reach is 57 degrees it should come up to arround 70 or even more i am not sure) the right knob is for hot tap water the max i can reach is 51 this normally should come up 60 or maybe more) i am not talking about how hot is the water actually come out of the boiler i am talking about the numbers on the lcd display in the boiler itself, in other word the boiler control system dosen't let me put the temp higher than what i menetioned, this simply something in the software not to do with any sensor or what so ever

But if there’s an outdoor sensor or stat these can limit the max flow temp eg weather comp or open therm

Hello, the manual that mentions the dip switches will be the installation and maintenance instructions which are not the same as the user manual. Just because it is in the book doesn't mean you, the customer or end user, are allowed to open the boiler up and do it. That information is for the qualified person.

It will likely state near the beginning of the manual that the instructions are for a competent person (meaning a qualified and experienced person with a calibrated flue gas analyser and assessed in its use in an ACS training centre). It counts as gas work removing the boiler casing and accessing the PCB dip switches and the boiler will require all the 26 9 checks afterwards which you will not have the equipment, experience or qualifications to do.

If you are unwilling to get the previous person back (possibly for free!) then just pay another gas engineer to come out at weekend rates and deal with it.

You can't open the boiler up and do any of the work yourself and no-one here, or at Baxi, will tell you how to do DIY work on a boiler.

It might be cold but a bit of moderate cold indoors won't kill you, messing with a boiler might in a number of ways. Electrocution, gas explosion, steam explosion, third degree burns, carbon monoxide, fire and could put family, visitors and neighbours at risk too. All of these have actually happened to people and still happen every year hence regulations being required to say who can and cannot work on boilers.

57C for heating and 51C for hot water are actually working settings that many people will intentionally set boilers to for efficiency reasons. 55C heating and 47C hot water would in theory be even better to be honest but only if the house's heat loss can be satisfied! It's more or less fully working if just set at those temperatures and no actual faults.

Get a local gas safe engineer out today and pay them to fix it or get electric heaters today if really that bad and get an engineer out on Monday.
this is exactly what i mean, now i have to learn on plumbing forum what is the best water temp for taking shower and listen to his advice it is not cold and this how actually people prefer heat temp and it is normal like that even though it takes the boiler five hours to push the temp in the house from 16 to 20 degrees, otherwise i should pay somone weekend rate to come and do few click in the boiler menue
this is nothing to do with gas nor water or electric so don't try to squeeze safety here, this is software, settings in menue or what ever you wanna call it
just help how to put that damn thing on 70 degrees else seat realxed and refrain from replying, let somone do if you are unable to do so

Reply to Baxi 424 combi tempreature not going above 57 degrees in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock