Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bath waste/plug issue? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all

Do any of you guys use a silicone to seal between the bath and waste rubber underneath?

The bath is only a cheap one and the bottom of the waste opening isn’t flat, which seems to leave an opening enabling water to leak out.

I used silicone in the past for this very problem but I was curious as to whether there’s a better alternative?

Cheers folks

Depends I normally give it a skim of silicon or get the grinder out with a sander

Reply to Bath waste/plug issue? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission...
Replies
Views
Me again. This turning out to be a nightmare from hell this bathroom. Your help do far has been invaluable. So, the next issue is one that I may...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock