Discuss Bath Taps And Shower Head Within Bath - How To Replace Hose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A customer has a Carronite Torino bath (that I have narrowed it down to having searched about). The taps and shower hose are on the rear side of the bath, with the front panel and the side shelves (not visible on the picture) tiled. The shower hose has split and so leaks water downstairs.

Is there an easy way to replace the hose, or do the tiles around the bath need to come off to create access to the underside of the bath?

The shower fitting does unscrew, but I don't fancy unscrewing it too much in the event the bolt underneath drops out.

Shower Hose.jpg

i would say that the bath would probably have to come out to access the fittings for the shower hose

Can you come at it from the wall on the other side of the taps?

I hate these baths with a passion.

Unfortunately no access from the rear, it's a 300mm thick solid wall.

The areas to the right and left of the bath are tiled (some 200mm to the wall) (i.e. a place to keep toiletries). Would you have thought that removing these would allow for sufficient space to get to the hose fixing? Or would the entire bath need moving out as you guys suggest?

If you have spare tiles you could chop an access into the wall behind the tap and to below the edge of the bath.ake the access big enough to get at the hose connection.
I've done this myself before, it's a pain but easier IMO.
Ps, if you don't have matching tiles then make a feature up from contrasting tiles.

Have I said it yet

''I hate these baths''

Bath will probably have to come out, trying not to damage it and then put it back without too much damage.

If I am forced to fit these baths I always explain the issue and then if I have to go back

''I told you!''

I'd almost go as far as to say they deserve all they get, they wanted the taps on the back wall and a tiled bath panel with no access.

Now they will suffer the consequences financially. :banghead:

we had one like this on an outside wall we cut a 400x 400 access hole in the wall filled the gap with loads off rock wall and500x500 siliconed a plate with the cottage name on it over the hole for future access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath Taps And Shower Head Within Bath - How To Replace Hose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm...
Replies
Views
Hello - am hoping someone out there can offer some advice... I've been living in a split level 1st & 2nd floor masionette for two months, which...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've recently ripped out a full bathroom and am replacing it with new everything. The old bath was P shaped with a fixed shower head coming...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently bought a house and the shower is leaking. I'm guessing it just needs the washers replaced. However, when I started to have a look I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock