Search the forum,

Discuss Bath / Shower waste problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening.

Looking for some advise. Im currently on a job fitting a new bath and shower. Id usually run individual waste runs for each. On this current job i have to use the old waste pipework, as i can't get to the soil stack as its been boxed in behind a wall and then a kitchen fitted infront of it!!!. Im concerned about the bath backing up in the shower or water being sucked from the shower waste. I can get the pipe to have a fall of about 20mm per m, and i was thinking of putting an ant-vac trap on the bath. Im also going to tee the bath into the waste where the pipe enters the bathroom and then the shower will be last on the run, about 1.6m further on. Do you think I'm asking for trouble? would i be better off pumping the bath waste and getting access into the stack higher-up where i can access it? This is going to be a real headache!!!!!! P.S Only one person in the house so no chance of shower and bath being used together!

Thanks in advance

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath / Shower waste problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath and shower before I get a reasonable flow. Then once it is running, if the water is at maximum temperature on the mixer it flows smoothly, but as soon...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the centre of the plughole. My understanding is that this screw being loose means that water is able to leak out between the bath waste and the waste...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams One is the current layout And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste. This horizontal run is below floorboards but I can't get to the TEE or under the tee to add a boss vertically. ( the current Bath is bossed way in...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock