Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bath overflow and waste recommendations in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Existing bath overflow and waste was a pop up and its broken, so needs replacing. Not going for a popup again.

My requirements are - good water flow and easy to clean - don't want it to get clogged with hair - unfortunately it ends up being my job to clean the drain.

1. Click clack
2. flipper
3. traditional drain plug
4. Any other?

Which of those suits my requirements the best.

Also I will need to replace the bath trap as it was sealed to the overflow (lots of sealant) - I could re-use but for the sake of £10-15 not worth it.

What I can't determine is the type of trap - I think its sm10v or L10v - whats the difference between them?

I want to buy a quality make - not buying from a well known online store again.

The SM10 or L10 are small and large depth of seal (L is physically bigger)
The V suffix is for vented, they have an air admittance valve.

From your spec, go with plug and chain.

MacAlpine do a pop up waste and trap combo that we use and have never had any issues.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalp..._wLdGrAfAKOZP_s4gFRoCRJwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

That looks very nice. What is the seal size on that? Currently the bath empties into a hopper but I plan to get the pipes going into a soil stack sometime in the future - next yrs plans fingers crossed. So might be worthwhile future proofing?

That looks very nice. What is the seal size on that? Currently the bath empties into a hopper but I plan to get the pipes going into a soil stack sometime in the future - next yrs plans fingers crossed. So might be worthwhile future proofing?
It says online it is a 50mm water seal. Just make sure waste pipework is sized right and falls correctly then it won't matter on traps. I always run baths into 50mm where possible, stop gurgling and blockages down the line.

It says online it is a 50mm water seal. Just make sure waste pipework is sized right and falls correctly then it won't matter on traps. I always run baths into 50mm where possible, stop gurgling and blockages down the line.

My pipes are 40mm. But in a previous house the basin and bath waste were connected and it was 32mm. We always had issues with gurgling and water draining slowly.

Reply to Bath overflow and waste recommendations in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi all I purchased a freestanding bath and when I came to cut the holes for the taps I realised the hole for the overflow is misaligned with the...
Replies
Views
M
Hi I was wondering if someone could please tell me how to connect the flex pipe from sink overflow drain in to waste trap below? It is the Cooke...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock