Search the forum,

Discuss Bath and basin mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I'm a plumber who is a bit confused...not hard I know. I've fitted my new bathroom suite not long ago, say 2/3 months, new taps, bath, basin etc. Tested and all worked great.

But Tbh I don't really use it because we use the ensuite all the time, so I filled the bath for the first time since tested as always have showers in ensuite but thought I'd give the new bath a go and only got Luke warm water from the new mixer tap...starts off real hot for a few seconds then goes Luke warm, this also happens with he new basin mixer, both taps are 'Scudo Descent Mixer taps', brand new. I fitted the new ensuite before the main bathroom with a new suite and all works great, also re fitted the kitchen, again tap is great, but just the main bathroom taps are playing up.

Now We have had the combi boiler serviced about a month ago, and there was a fault with it as hot water was passing into the heating pipes, so every tap was Lukewarm, that's been fixed and all other taps are great, except bath and basin in main.

So this is telling me that it's the new taps? Researched and not got a lot out of it, some people saying there are safety settings in mixer taps?

Like I said I am a plumber and fit bathroom all the time but never come across this before, shower mixers sure, but not taps...am I missing something simple here? Any help would be great

Thanks

Yes missing something very obvious.

try turning the bath tap on a small amount.

Your bath filler is passing more than your combi can provide.

Check that when they turned the water back onto the boiler they opened the valve up fully.

Maybe a tmv built into the tap? I know tmvs can be hot initially and then adjust to a cooler, safer temperature.. Just throwing out an idea :thinking:

Any way of testing the temp before it hits the tap? From the flexi maybe?

Could be mixing through your existing en suite shower mixer? Can you isolate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath and basin mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Help / advice please? I have attached pics I want to fit a new basin tap. The new tap came with flexible hose. Q1. Pic 1 - the fitting into the tap is recessed - how do I screw in the hose tight enough to 'fit' ? Q2. Pic 2 - shows the current hose fitted to the copper pipe and clearly the new...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work out the product name/brand/type then I can work out how to remove the tap handles (no obvious indices so presuming they pull off some how). Would...
Replies
Views
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace it with a mixer tap one if I paid the difference? (I'm guessing no but it's worth a try). How much more complicated and time consuming is it to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock